Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Rationalizing Religion

Over the last few weeks, i've realized that i've been living my life the way that i've wanted. I've been a follower of Jesus for quite sometime now, but there was just one problem. I wasn't letting His will lead my way. Following the passing of my girlfriend's mother, i recieved a clear reality check from God. Either i could step up and be the man God wants me to be and do everything that i possibly can to help out my girlfriend and her family in their time of need... or i could just stand in the crowd like i normally would and give minimal comfort. God gave me a choice... and against what my norm, i followed God's will instead of my own.

A few Sunday's before Cindy passed away, she was in church and on her bulletin she wrote "My God is bigger than the big C!" One of heaven's newest angels knew who her God was. She knew that the church is full of broken screwed up people. I myself, have always had a mindset that the church is full of messed up people striving for something greater. The church needs Jesus. In John 14:6, Jesus says, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

I'm learning to follow God's will... and in that process, i'm realizing that what Cindy wrote is so true. If you follow God, he will lead you in your darkest hours. He will lead you when you have no idea what to do. In the simplest moments, God shows up... and then, in front of your own eyes... God shows off. He'll send the clearest possible answer and he'll put it right in front of you. He has taken Cindy and has left all of us her inspiration. What i thought i'd never be able to do... With God, all things are possible.

He is leading me in leading the Zarazee family. He is teaching me. He is guiding me. Something religious that i never thought i'd be rationalizing... My God is bigger than the big C!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Ben,
Im absolutely with you on this! Im so happy that you have listened to God and what he wants for you! Im finally trying it myself and it seems to be working! So sorry to hear about Cindy. I lost my aunt in april so I know how painful it is! Hang in there!! You are a great person and I believe that the Lord has been with you for a long time your just now recognizing that! Take care dear friend!

Leslie Cox

Benjamin Joseph Blair's Facebook Notes